Monday, October 20, 2008

Big Bear Love


This is our baby Alex and her pediatrician, Doc Faye Natividad. She has always been fond of seeing Alex's photo albums and the scrapbooking I make, so I made this for her. :)

Journaling:
Dra. Faye took care of you the first minute you were born.
Since then, it's obvious, her love for you is as big as a bear.
Oh did I say, you both love bears? Yep, you both do!
Everytime we're in her clinic you will always hug her little brown bear,
so she gave you "Big Foot" bear. :)

Scraplifted a LO of a MM master, Caroline Ikeji, Saw the simple yet catchy LO in the MM mag Feb 2008 issue. Hope I gave justice to her LO, title is Moments with you. :)
The mag's specific article where I saw the LO I scraplifted featured a technique about crumpled-paper flower, so I also did that. See those two flowers on the left hand side of the LO? Yep, those are crumpled paper flowers (which I made) on top of the felt I also cut to get the shape of a flower.
It's also my first time to use multiple patterned papers since I have always been scared to tear them and use them in one single LO for they might not appear "nice" together. That "fear" of tearing and using precious multiple patterned papers is starting to disappear, thanks to Ali Edwards' book A Designer Eye for Scrapbooking with Patterned Papers. Though, amenably, I have yet to achieve that "gift" of being able to put different patterned papers in one page, without having to scraplift. hehehe.

Inspired by Tna (first time to use green cardstock) and Yoyin too (for she has that "gift" of putting whateve patterned paper she wants in a page and her LO will definitely look great).

Thanks for looking! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi tita nice LO! Naku don't be afraid to tear your PPs masaya yun. Hehe. Actually ako din dati afraid magpunit dahil nanghihinayang sa papel. Pero I started to overcome that already. Ang ganda kasi ng effect sa LOs. :)

    ReplyDelete